Designed for drum corps and all styles of marching. Provides a shorter cover, shorter taper, extended grip area and longer reach. Perfect for traditional or matched grip.
Made in USA
- A shorter cover that provides more speed and eliminates blend ring interference
- 50% less shock than wood drumsticks
- Last 6 to 10 times longer than wood drumsticks
- 5% more rebound than wood drumsticks
- High precision alloy core guarantees consistent weight and balance variations of less that 1%
- Replaceable covers, tips and rings
- High quality, unbreakable nylon tip provides a brighter, more articulate sound
- Super-hard polyurethane replaceable covers protect your drumsticks and your gear
- Ergonomically tuned handles
- Sonically Tuned Quad Corking System
- Built-in Vibration Control System (VRS)
Length: 43.18cm (17.00 inches)
Diameter: 1.57cm (0.620 inches)
Wall Thickness: 0.95mm (0.0375 inches)
Weight: 88 grams
Original cover: M1S
Original tip: M1T
Original blend ring: RGBM
Cover compatibility: M1S
Tip compatibility: M1T, XLTIP, M1TW, XLMB, M2TIP
Mallet compatibility: M Thread Ahead Mallet Heads (MHLM, MHMM, MHHM)
How to replace the covers and tips:
Covers must be changed as soons as they show wear or cut-through.
1- Remove the tips before replacing the covers. It’s best to remove the tip by wrapping the tip with a business card and unscrew it with pliers (carefully so they don’t get chewed up) as they are glued on at the factory.
2- Heat the cover (with a hair dryer i.e. or a toaster oven, not a microwave) to make it pliable and slip it off the drumstick more easily
3- Heat the new cover in order to slip it on the drumstick. Do not forget the blend ring.
4- When replacing the tips, screw them on 1/2 way and apply a drop of super glue to the threads and continue to tighten on the tip until it is snug against the cover.
The covers are very important, so the tighter they are the better. Make sure they are snug against the blend ring by slamming the butt end of stick on carpet or a soft surface. The AHEAD replacement covers are designed to protect gear and sticks while providing ultimate performance. Cover life will vary from drummer to drummer, but they will last as long as or longer than traditional wood sticks. And unlike wood sticks, the AHEAD Drumsticks’ feel and flex will not diminish with prolonged play.
Frequently asked questions:
Do AHEAD Drumsticks break cymbals?
No, drummers do. They are better for your cymbals because the polyurethane covers act as a shock absorber. Breakage can occur when the cymbals are not correctly tipped or abused.
Are AHEAD Drumsticks unbreakable?
No, but they can last up to 6 to 10 times longer then most similar sized wood models, when played the same.
How does AHEAD Drumsticks promote healthy drumming?
You can get louder with less effort, they flex and have up to 1/2 the shock of wood drumsticks and they rebound up to 10% better than wood so you can play faster.